Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Feeling like an understudy on my first night on Broadway

First times can be scary. I've never had a blog before.



This was my attempt at decorating a very ugly white fan, which we do need on the two or so hot days in the Pacific NW. I started with a drawing I made copying elements from various fabrics from the book "Art Deco Textiles" by Alain-Rene Hardy using my color scheme in my bedroom.

Here is the drawing:



Next, the image was scanned and printed it onto self-adhesive paper for inkjet printers. I had to piece together two sheets to get a complete image to cover each fan blade. I scanned the image to be the exact width of the blade. (Hat tip to my husband who did the scanning and really matched the color well to the original.)



Kiwi, studio assistant and the new Lotta Jansdotter book in the background (which is fantastic, by the way)


1 comment:

Say HELLO!

New t-shirt design

Blog Widget by LinkWithin