Sunday, October 25, 2009

IKEA Magazine files

More surface design fun. This is one of the IKEA "Flyt"Magazine Files I decorated. They don't come any cheaper and less glamorous. (Five for $2.99 - you can't go wrong.) I will be making more. Really enjoying my markers again, by the way!






Tombow Brush Pens, metallic pens, Prismacolor markers

A couple of words of caution: First, the surface is slightly glossy. So it was a little bit challenging. But actually, after it was completely dry, I REALLY liked the effect. It almost looks printed. They come flat packed so it was quite easy to draw on them when flat, and it was fun to assemble at the end.

Second, they are a little flimsy. Not the thing to store your chunky Vogue magazines. Either that or stuff it entirely so the weight at the base AND the top is evenly distributed. Heavy things leaning to one side inside of it might topple it. It hasn't popped off the shelf yet, but I don't have it anywhere where it can bean me on the head either.

1 comment:

Say HELLO!

New t-shirt design

Blog Widget by LinkWithin